Emmett Farid

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The new swing & a sick Ben :(

We had been saving up to buy a baby swing for a while and after loads of research (which I do before I buy ANYTHING) I finally picked one. I was debating between a full size swing and a portable. I had wanted a full size but then heard the heavier the baby got the less effective it was at swinging. Well my brother Koree had this rocking chair with a kickstand that he used when he was eating or playing and my mom passed it on to my sister Kristen. While I was in Arizona, she used it daily and seemed to love it. Well i was looking around-and found that chair-on a swing! I was excited because after they are done with the swing (25 lbs) they can use it for a rocking chair until 40. Plus it was way cheaper and it had turtles on it (gender neutral and matches the nursery!) I am very happy with the purchase and the reviews! So here are some pictures!!

This is what I found when I opened the box :(

BUT I LOVE TURTLES! So im very happy with the seat!!

And here is the finished swing! The seat easily comes off and has handles that you can carry wherever! I think I love it just because of the turtles :)

And poor Benjamin had a migrane all day but I couldnt wait to assemble the swing-so Benjamin laid on the couch and watched. Poor guy!

3 comments:

  1. I just love the swing that we are borrowing right now. Edwin loves to be in it and it is super nice cause then He doesn't have to be held.
    But he was even put in the swing when he was at the hospital for that extra week, so I knew even before I brought him home that he loved to swing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for swings! I wish I was more like you and reseached things previous to buying them. Luckily I married someone who does. I hope Ben gets feeling better! Migranes are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are now on our third swing and this time I bought a portable one. I love it! Its so easy to move around to where ever I need my baby to be and it doesn't take up as much space as the large swings do (my first). Anyways, thats exciting when you start getting all the baby stuff rounded up. Pretty soon all that will be left is the baby :)

    ReplyDelete