Emmett Farid

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

24 week update

Today, which happened to also be my birthday (will be in a different post), was spent mainly at the doctors. I knew I was having my diabetes test today because of high amniotic fluid levels, an ultrasound to get a few more measurements of his heart, and my basic 24 week appointment. My mother came and entertained Bridger, which helped a lot. I drank my orange drink and waited for the ultrasound. Once the ultrasound had started she told me my fluid had gone up even more so than last time and she was sure that it was going to be diabetes. Emmett was super wiggly but his heart is looking great!

Then on to the midwife appointment. She also though based on my levels (known as polyhydramnios) she also thought for sure it was diabetes. So she measured my belly and we are measuring over 30 weeks (due to the fluid) and I gained a little weight, the first time the whole pregnancy) which she also blamed the amniotic fluid (and the fact I ate a big lunch for my birthday!)

So onto the blood draw. I went back to the waiting room awaiting my results, knowing that my levels needed to be under 140 for me to pass, and guess what-it was 88!!! I was sooo excited.
So the next worry is that Emmett has a blockage in his esophagus that means he can't swallow as much as he could. His whole GI tract will be scanned in 4 weeks so please, please pray that it is polyhydramnios due to unknown causes and that Emmett's insides are all working properly.

Until then its just waiting. I feel about 30 weeks pregnant but things are going great!! I'm so happy that my sugar levels came back great! And here are the pictures we got! Thanks for every ones support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment